Louisiana Nonprofits State Tax Overview- Updated April 30, 2020 - 8.00 AM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
Read through this page to explore everything related to the State of Louisiana's registration and reinstatement process of charity organizations.
To offer a comprehensive understanding, we have listed the filing methods the Louisiana state accepts, details of the form to file, how an organization can extend its filing deadline, the penalty imposed, and other links to important resources.
Table of Content
1. Registrations of Nonprofit Corporations for Louisiana
- You can use GeauxBiz.com to download filings and forms online. Also to support the filing by regular mail, express mail and fax, expedited filing, and online certification validation and a range of payment methods. This serves the public in a better way. Since many transactions in the business and financial world are time-sensitive, the Louisiana Secretary of State is offering this service.
- The nonprofit articles of incorporation are required to be filed with the Louisiana Secretary of State's office. The Louisiana Secretary of State's website has a nonprofit article of incorporation form you can use to create your articles. You can also create and file your articles online or you can mail.
Where to mail Registration Statement to the State of Louisiana
P.O. Box 94125,
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125,
File the Articles of Incorporation, along with an affidavit of registered agent, and the requisite $75 filing fee with the secretary of state.
2. Louisiana Nonprofits Annual Report and Filings
- The annual report should be submitted to the agency - Louisiana Secretary of State - Commercial Division. The filing can only be done Online or through the Mail.
Where to mail Nonprofits Annual Report to the State of Louisiana?
P.O. Box 94125,
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125
Agency fee: $10 ($5 extra for credit card payment).
The annual report deadline falls on your anniversary and the filing is done by registration. There is no late fee, but your business runs the risk of being dissolved or revoked 3 years late. Online annual report filings can only be made more within 30 days before the deadline.