Form 990 Amended Return
At any time, an organization can file an amended 990 Form to update or add to the information reported on a previously filed return for the same period; the amended return must be made available for public inspection either three years from the filing date or three years from the original deadline of the return, whichever is later.
To indicate the return as the organization's final return ever, check the "Final Return/Terminated" box in Item B of the Heading on page 1 of the return form and complete Schedule N, which is about liquidation, termination, dissolution, or significant disposition of assets.
With ExpressTaxExempt, an organization can amend its Form 990 from the Dashboard of the organization's ExpressTaxExempt account:
- Click the AMENDED RETURN button
- Enter an explanation why you're amending the return
- Click the CONTINUE link to make your changes
- How long should an organization keep records for tax purposes?
My organization changed its legal name. Is there any additional reporting to be done with
- My organization's Form 990-N was filed with a mistake. Can I amend the form submitted with the IRS?
- Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
- My organization doesn't have an EIN. Can I use the EIN of my parent organization to file Form 990-N?