E-file IRS Form 990-EZ Online: Secure and Accurate
See What People Are Saying About ExpressTaxExempt
Very good experience for transmitting to the IRS I appreciated having to fill in only relevant numerical slots, and also the ease of making corrections and moving between pages. The audit function was very helpful, too.
- Josephine Darlene Harvey
Your service is extremely helpful and saves the organization money! Last year I needed to call the help line and the help and service given was excellent!
- Linda Hollerbach
Im most appreciative that you took the time to call me to clarify and re-file when there was an inconsistency between IRS instructions and the initial IRS rejection of our return. Glad we could straighten it out in real time.
- Peter Coffee
This is the second year I have used the software and it was easier to use than last year. Also the use of indicators where it was necessary to use schedules was helpful. The third year will probably be easier.
- jackie Swenson
Why Should I E-file Form 990-EZ With ExpressTaxExempt?
Ready to file your 990-EZ Electronically with ExpressTaxExempt?Start E-Filing Now
Form 990-EZ Schedules
Schedules are FREE while filing your 990-EZ Form with our Software.
- Form 990-EZ also may request additional information from Schedules. There are a 8 Schedules in total available for Form 990-EZ that may need to be attached to the tax return based on particular organizational activities.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports almost every Schedule for Form 990-EZ. These Schedules are auto-generated based on the responses given throughout the the form interview sections of the Form 990-EZ.
- Our software simplifies the process to e-file 990-EZ return with the correct Schedules.
- You can view your filing summary and then pay and transmit your return to the IRS instantly.
IRS Form 990-EZ - Amended Return
Need more time to e-file your IRS Form 990-EZ return?
Apply for a tax extension with Form 8868!
We understand that not everyone can file their 990-EZ form on time with the IRS. If you need more time to file Form 990-EZ, apply for an 6-month automatic extension with the IRS Form 8868.
Frequently Asked Questions on Form 990-EZ
QWhat is IRS Form 990-EZ?
Organizations exempt from income tax under section 501(a) must file an annual information return (Form 990 or 990-EZ or Form 990-N, (e-Postcard)), depending upon the organization's gross receipts and total assets.
If an organization has gross receipts less than $200,000 and total assets at the end of the year less than $500,000 it can file Form 990-EZ, instead of Form 990.
QWhen is the deadline to file my Form 990-EZ?
File Form 990-EZ by the 15th day of the 5th month after the accounting period ends. For organizations operating under the calendar year, the due date is May 15th. If the due date falls on weekend or any federal holiday, then file your 990-EZ by the next business day. Find your 990-EZ Due Date
QCan Form 990 EZ be filed electronically?
Yes, Form 990-EZ can be filed electronically using the services of IRS authorized e-file providers such as ExpressTaxExempt and also generate applicable schedules for FREE.
Note: The Taxpayer First Act, enacted July 1, requires tax-exempt organizations to electronically file all the 990 and related forms. i.e organizations tax year beginning after July 2019 must file their 990 returns electronically.
QHow do I file 990-EZ electronically?
To e-file Form 990-EZ, get started with ExpressTaxExempt and follow the below simple steps below:
- Step1: Search your organization's EIN.
- Step2: Choose the Tax year for filing your return.
- Step3: Complete all the required Form information.
- Step4: Review the form and transmit to the IRS.
- What type of contributions to be reported in Form 990-EZ?
- What are the program service revenues that must be listed in Form 990-EZ?
How can I determine contributions from membership dues while filing
- Our organization filed 990-EZ on time. But the IRS imposed a penalty on us, what would be the reason?
- What type of miscellaneous expenses must be included in Form 990-EZ?