E-File IRS Form 990-N
in 3 Simple Steps!
Search EIN, Choose Tax Year, Review and Transmit to the IRS
Why Should I E-file Form 990-N
(e-Postcard) With ExpressTaxExempt?
It's Simple, Easy, and Secure!
Frequently Asked Questions about Form 990-N
QWhen is the deadline to file my Form 990-N?
File Form 990-N by the 15th day of the 5th month after the accounting period ends. For organizations operating under the calendar year, the due date is May 15. If the due date falls on weekend or any federal holiday, then file your 990-N by the next business day.
Use the Due Date Calculator to find your 990-N deadline.
QHow to file Form 990-N electronically?
It takes only 3 simple steps to E-file Form 990-N using ExpressTaxExempt. Simply follow the steps below to complete your filing
with the IRS.
- Step 1: Search your organization EIN and review filing history.
- Step 2: Select your filing year and review Form 990-N summary.
- Step 3: Pay and transmit directly to the IRS.
Once the IRS process your return, you will get an instant notification about the filing status. In case, if your return gets rejected, you can fix the error and re-transmit it for free.
- How long should an organization keep records for tax purposes?
My organization changed its legal name. Is there any additional reporting to be done with
- My organization's Form 990-N was filed with a mistake. Can I amend the form submitted with the IRS?
- Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
- My organization doesn't have an EIN. Can I use the EIN of my parent organization to file Form 990-N?