E-file California Form 199 Online
Securely Prepare and E-file CA Form 199 with ExpressTaxExempt
*You can file CA-199 even if you have filed your 990 return with
See why our clients choose ExpressTaxExempt!
This was my first time using the software and I really like it! I had already prepared the Form 990, but needed a platform to file it electronically. You made it easy to replicate the return with its new features.
This is the second year I have used the software and it was easier to use than last year. Also the use of indicators where it was necessary to use schedules was helpful. The third year will probably be easier.
Very good experience for transmitting to the IRS. I appreciated having to fill in only relevant numerical slots, and also the ease of making corrections and moving between pages. The audit function was very helpful, too.
Your site was very helpful and clear, and I appreciated the pop up notes to fix problems. I am so happy to be able to file the Form 990 electronically through your company! I will definitely use this every year going forward.
Form 199 Schedule M-1 and L
- You may need to provide additional information as Schedules along with Form 199.
There are 2 Schedules in total available for Form 199 that may need to be attached to the tax return based on particular organizational activities.
- * Schedule M-1 - Balance Sheet
- * Schedule L - Reconciliation of income per books with income per return
- ExpressTaxExempt supports almost every Schedule for Form 199.
Frequently Asked Question on CA Form 199
What is Form 199?
Form 199, California Exempt Organization Annual Information Return, is used by the following organizations to report the Receipts and Revenues, Expenses, and Disbursements.
- Organizations granted tax-exempt status by the FTB.
- Nonexempt charitable trusts as described in IRC Section 4947(a)(1).
Note: To file Form 199 with California, you must have your IRS accepted Federal return for your Nonprofit tax Form 990 Series!
Who Must File Form 199?
Nonprofits in California require to file CA state-specific forms to report the basic organization information like expenses, disbursements, filing fees, and more.
* Organizations eligible to file FTB 199N may choose to file CA Form 199.
When is the deadline to file my CA Form 199?
The due date for Organizations operating other than the Fiscal year will be the 15th day of the 5th month from when the tax period ends.
If your organization follows the calendar tax year, then the deadline for 2022 tax year is May 15, 2023. E-File Now
How to file Extension for CA Form 199?
If your Nonprofits need more time to file Form 199, the exempt organization has an additional six months to file without filing a written request for an extension.
However, if the Organization that is not in good standing or suspended on the original due date of the nonprofit tax return will not be given an extension of time to file.
Can Form 199 be filed electronically?
- I transmitted my federal return to the IRS using your service. Can I file CA Form 199 now?
- Who must file California Exempt Organization Annual Information Return?
- Will I be given an extension of time to file CA Form 199?
- How long does the FTB take to process my CA Form 199?
- How do I know my Form 199 is accepted by the FTB?