The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone for promotional or marketing purposes. However we may collect personal information about you from the following categories and sources to complete your IRS return(s):
- Information provided when you create an account or request services or information from us, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and payment information. We request your phone number to communicate the status of your return filed with the IRS through a text message.
- Information provided through user feedback, community discussions, chats, and other interactions, such as surveys, through our sites.
- Information provided when administering technical or customer support for you to prepare your tax return or for other services.
- Information provided by your system as you interact with our site(s), such as your IP address and browser information.
- Information provided by you when you upload a form or other file, from your desktop or mobile device, we collect and store those files and/or data securely.
- If you decide to pay for our services, we may request additional information, including payment information. If you pay using a credit card, though we will collect financial information such as credit card number and expiration date, we do not store the credit card information at our end. Instead, we use the services provided by the authorized payment gateway to authenticate your identity and approve the payment.
We may also collect:
- Information from your use of our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address.
- Information from publicly available sources or third parties, such as when we partner with other companies or use service providers to help us optimize our marketing activities.
If you have used our Services to prepare a tax return, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from you within the last twelve (12) months:
Not included in the definition of Personal Information is information that is publicly available, information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or information exempt from the purview of the CCPA, such as
- Protected Health Information (“PHI”) governed and protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data; and
- Personal Information regulated by certain industry-specific privacy laws, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- 1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- 2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- 3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- 4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- 5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- 6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- 7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- 8. Comply with a legal obligation.
- 9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 704.234.7120 or email a request to [email protected]
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. As it relates to your data requests related to the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties based on
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Request your PII Information
In compliance with California Civil Code, to request your personal data report or to delete your data with us, click the button below:
Changes to Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may change this Privacy Notice and will notify you of material changes by posting the changed or modified Privacy Notice on our Site. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Notice unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions about the Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
2685 Celanese Road Suite 100,
Rock Hill, SC 29732.
Phone : 704-234-7120
Email : [email protected]