IRS Form 990 Filing Due Date 2023
Find the deadline to file Form 990,
990-EZ, 990-N, 990-PF,
990-T, and 8868.
IRS Form 990-N / 990-EZ / 990 /
990-PF / 1120-POL Filing Due Dates
The IRS mandates electronic filing for 990 series forms
Get Started with ExpressTaxExempt, an IRS authorized Provider to E-file your 990 Forms.
Supports Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF, 990-N,
- Interview Style or Form based filing process
- 100% Transparent Pricing
Everything the NonProfits Should Know About Form 990 Deadline- Updated January 17, 2023 - 2.00 PM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
Form 990 is used by 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations to report their income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and activities with the IRS.
Variants of 990 Forms
Based on their gross receipts, total assets, and primary source of the contribution, the tax-exempt organizations are required to file different variants of the nonprofit tax returns as follows:
Click here to find your 990 Form.
When is Form 990 Due?
The due date will vary for each organization depending on the accounting
period they follow.
Upcoming Form 990 Deadline:
- If your organization’s accounting tax period starts on October 1, 2021, and ends on September 30, 2022, your Form 990 is due by February 15, 2023.
- Also, If you filed an 8868 extension on August 15, 2022, then your Form 990 extended deadline is February 15, 2023.
Operating on a fiscal tax year? Find your due date using our due date finder.
When is Extension Form 8868 Due Date?
IRS Mandated Electronic Filing Requirements
The IRS mandates that tax-exempt organizations must file 990 Forms electronically for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019.
ExpressTaxExempt - The IRS Authorized Form 990 E-filing Software
You Can Trust
Get Started with ExpressTaxExempt, the industry-leading e-file provider, and meet the mandated e-filing requirements without any sort of hassle.
We support the e-filing of IRS Forms 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, 990-T, 8868,
1120-POL, and CA Form 199.
- Our software includes the applicable 990 Schedules for Free based on the information you provide on your return.
- You can add more users to manage your return if required. Also, you can send the completed form to your organization members and let them review and approve the returns.
Need more assistance in preparing your Form? Reach out to our live customer support team via phone, email, or chat.