Form 990-EZ Amended Return
For any year, an organization can file an amended Form 990-EZ return by filing a new return including any required schedules; the amended return must be made available for inspection either three years from the filing date or three years from the original deadline of the return, whichever is later. Only a Form 990-EZ applicable to the year being amended can be used and the amended return must provide all the information necessary by the form and instructions, not just the new or corrected information.
To indicate that a form is amended, check the "Amended Return" box in item B of the Heading on page 1 of the return form followed by entering in Schedule O which parts and schedules were amended and describe each amendment.
To indicate the return as the organization's final return ever, check the "Final Return/Terminated" box in Item B of the Heading on page 1 of the return form and complete Schedule N, which is about liquidation, termination, dissolution, or significant disposition of assets.
If an organization needs a complete copy of its previously filed return, a Form 4506-A, Request for Public Inspection or Copy of Exempt or Political Organization Form, can be filed through the IRS. Refer to IRS.gov for information in regards to receiving blank tax forms.
With ExpressTaxExempt, an organization can amend its Form 990-EZ from the Dashboard of the organization's ExpressTaxExempt account:
- Click the AMENDED RETURN button
- Enter an explanation why you're amending the return
- Click the CONTINUE link to make your changes
Your text provided and any changes made will be tracked and automatically displayed in Schedule O of your return.
ExpressTaxExempt offers amended returns for Form 990 and Form 990-EZ. We only support amended returns from organizations that originally filed their return through our services. Prices are per return.
- How long should an organization keep records for tax purposes?
My organization changed its legal name. Is there any additional reporting to be done with
- My organization's Form 990-N was filed with a mistake. Can I amend the form submitted with the IRS?
- Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
- My organization doesn't have an EIN. Can I use the EIN of my parent organization to file Form 990-N?