Form 990-EZ Amended Return
For any year, an organization can file an amended Form 990-EZ return by filing a new return including any required schedules; the amended return must be made available for inspection either three years from the filing date or three years from the original deadline of the return, whichever is later. Only a Form 990-EZ applicable to the year being amended can be used and the amended return must provide all the information necessary by the form and instructions, not just the new or corrected information.
With ExpressTaxExempt, an organization can amend its Form 990-EZ from the Dashboard of the organization's ExpressTaxExempt account:
- Click the AMENDED RETURN button
- Enter an explanation why you're amending the return
- Click the CONTINUE link to make your changes
- How long should an organization keep records for tax purposes?
My organization changed its legal name. Is there any additional reporting to be done with
- My organization's Form 990-N was filed with a mistake. Can I amend the form submitted with the IRS?
- Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
- My organization doesn't have an EIN. Can I use the EIN of my parent organization to file Form 990-N?