Table of Contents
1. Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements for Form 990
The IRS mandates electronic filing of Form 990. For the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, section 3101 of P.L. 116-25 requires that Nonprofits & tax-exempt organizations file 990 returns electronically.
For instance: If you are filing a 2019 Form 990 for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, you must file 990 electronically.
2. Meet the Electronic Filing Requirements of Form 990 with our Software
Get started with ExpressTaxExempt, the market leader, and an IRS authorized e-file provider of 990 Forms, providing accurate e-file solutions.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports all variants of Form 990s and includes all the schedules applicable to file 990.
- Our step by step guidance makes the filing process easier.
- Business Validation at each stage.
- Review system for Board Members.
- Once done, transmit your return directly to the IRS.
For any questions on the filing process of Form 990, reach out to us or further assistance.
3. Form 990 Mailing Address
Mail your Form 990 to the below address:Department of the Treasury,
Internal Revenue Service Center,
Ogden, UT 84201-0027.
If your organization’s principal business, office, or agency is located in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, send the return to the below address:Internal Revenue Service Center,
P.O. Box 409101,
Ogden, UT 84409.
4. Furnishing a copy of Form 990 with the State Officials
Some states and local governmental units will accept a copy of Form 990 in place of all or part of their own financial report forms.
The Nonprofits can discuss with the appropriate officials of all states and other jurisdictions in which it does business to determine their specific filing requirements. To know more about the State Filing requirements, click here.