Where to Mail Form 990
to the IRS?
The IRS Mandates
Electronic Filing of
Meet the IRS mandated e-filing requirements with ExpressTaxExempt!
- The leading IRS-authorized provider offering e-filing of 990 exclusively
- Choose from our Direct Form-entry or Interview style filing processes.
Where to Mail Form 990 to
- Updated April 21, 2023 - 12.00 PM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
The nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations must be aware that the IRS has mandated electronic filing of Form 990 beginning on or after July 2, 2019. Learn More.
If your organization is eligible for paper filing, complete the required form information and attach the required schedules before you mail in your Form 990.
Table of Contents
1. Form 990 Mailing Address
Mail your IRS Form 990 to the below address:Department of the Treasury,
Internal Revenue Service Center,
Ogden, UT 84201-0027.
If your organization’s principal business, office, or agency is located in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, send the return to the below address:Internal Revenue Service Center,
P.O. Box 409101,
Ogden, UT 84409.
2. Furnishing a copy of Form 990 with the State Officials
Some states and local governmental units will accept a copy of 990 Form in place of all or part of their own financial report forms.
The nonprofits can discuss with the appropriate officials of all states and other jurisdictions in which it does business to determine their specific filing requirements. To know more about the State Filing requirements,
3. The IRS Mandates Electronic Filing Requirements for Form 990
As mentioned earlier, the IRS mandates e-filing of Form 990 for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, section 3101 of P.L. 116-25 requires the Nonprofits & tax-exempt organizations to
file 990 returns electronically.
For instance: If you are filing a 2019 Form 990 for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, you must
file 990 electronically.
4. Meet the Electronic Filing Requirements of Form 990 with ExpressTaxExempt
Get started with ExpressTaxExempt, the market leader and an IRS-authorized e-file provider of 990 Forms, providing accurate e-file solutions.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports all variants of Form 990s and generates all the applicable Schedules for free.
- Our step-by-step guidance and expert assistance make the filing
- Business Validation at each stage to ensure error-free returns.
- Exclusive Review system for Board Members.
- For any questions on the filing of Form 990 or further assistance, reach out to our customer support team via phone, email, or
- Instructions for Form 990