IRS Form 990-EZ - Mailing Address- Updated April 29, 2020 - 8.00 AM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
There are separate mailing addresses for the IRS and the State. Make sure you have the correct address before you mail in the form.
Table of Contents
1. Form 990-EZ Mailing Address for the IRS
Form 990-EZ along with the required Schedules, should be sent to the IRS before the 990-EZ deadline to avoid the penalties. Make sure you send the forms to the correct address. If your organization is in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, it is a different address.
The deadline is the 15th day of the 5th month after the organization's tax year ends.
If this day falls between April 01, 2020, and July 14, 2020, you have time until July 15, 2020, to mail in the forms.
Mail your Form 990-EZ to the below address:Department of the Treasury,
Internal Revenue Service Center,
Ogden, UT 84201-0027.
If your organization’s principal business, office, or agency is located in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, mail the forms to:Internal Revenue Service Center,
P.O. Box 409101,
Ogden, UT 84409.
IRS Mandates Electronic Filing of 990 Returns. Learn More
For more information on 990-EZ Mailing Address, check out the video!
2. Form 990-EZ Mailing Address for the States
3. Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements for Nonprofits and Tax-Exempt Organizations reporting Form 990-EZ
The Internal Revenue Service mandates electronic filing of Form 990-EZ. For the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, section 3101 of P.L. 116-25 requires that Nonprofits & tax-exempt organizations file 990 returns electronically.
If, for instance, you are filing a 2019 Form 990-EZ for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, you must file electronically.
Choose an IRS Authorized e-file provider like ExpressTaxExempt to e-file your Form 990-EZ accurately and securely.
4. Why E-File Form 990-EZ with ExpressTaxExempt?
- Forms and Schedules sent electronically to the IRS—no papers to mail. No worries about postal delays.
- Validation checks in place before you transmit to the IRS, minimizing rejections. Impossible if you paper file.
- Have board members or authorized individuals review the returns.
- Receive instant filing status after you transmit the return.