IRS Form 990-EZ - Mailing Address- Updated April 23, 2021 - 8.00 AM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
There are separate mailing addresses for the IRS and the State. Make sure you have the correct address before you mail in the form.
Browse by Topics
Table of Contents
1. Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements for Nonprofits and Tax-Exempt Organizations reporting Form 990-EZ
The Internal Revenue Service mandates electronic filing of Form 990-EZ. For the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, section 3101 of P.L. 116-25 requires that Nonprofits & tax-exempt organizations file 990 returns electronically.
If, for instance, you are filing a Form 990-EZ for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, you must file electronically.
Choose an IRS Authorized e-file provider like ExpressTaxExempt to e-file your Form 990-EZ accurately and securely.
2. Meeting IRS Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements of Form 990-EZ
Get started with ExpressTaxExempt, the market leader, and the IRS authorized e-file provider of 990 Forms, providing e-file solutions for nonprofits, tax-exempt, and private foundations.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports all the variants of 990 Forms and includes almost all the schedules that the organization may require.
- To make sure that you are transmitting the error-free return, our system runs validation checks against the information that you enter and if there is any error, provides you with a way to correct it.
- You have the ability to add more users to manage filing and can invite board members or to review and approve your return.
- Once everything is fine, you can transmit your return directly to the IRS.
- During preparation, if you need any assistance you may access our knowledge base or reach out to our customer support team to get the help you need.
- For any questions during the filing process, our support team is available to assist you further.
3. Form 990-EZ Mailing Address for the IRS
Form 990-EZ along with the required Schedules, should be sent to the IRS before the 990-EZ deadline to avoid the penalties. Make sure you send the forms to the correct address. If your organization is in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, it is a different address.
The deadline is the 15th day of the 5th month after the organization's tax year ends.
If this day falls between April 01, 2020, and July 14, 2020, you have time until July 15, 2020, to mail in the forms.
Mail your Form 990-EZ to the below address:Department of the Treasury,
Internal Revenue Service Center,
Ogden, UT 84201-0027.
If your organization’s principal business, office, or agency is located in a foreign country or a U.S. possession, mail the forms to:Internal Revenue Service Center,
P.O. Box 409101,
Ogden, UT 84409.
IRS Mandates Electronic Filing of 990 Returns. Learn More