Where to mail Form 990-PF?- Updated April 14, 2020 - 8.00 AM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
Form 990-PF is due by the 15th day of the 5th month after the end of the foundation’s accounting period.
- May 15th - for foundation’s operating on calendar tax year
- Operating in the fiscal tax year? Find your Form 990-PF due date now
If the due date falls on Saturday, Sunday or any federal holiday, then the Form 990-PF has to be filed by the next business day.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Form 990 series tax filing deadline extended by the IRS to 15th July 2020 for the exempt organizations whose deadline falls between 01 Apr 2020 and 14th July 2020.
Why E-file Form 990-PF with ExpressTaxExempt?
- Step by Step Form Preparation
- Auto generate 990-PF Schedule-B
- E-file your Amended Return
- Retransmit Rejected Return
- File for two Prior Years
- Copy Data from Previous Return
Table of Contents
1. Form 990-PF Mailing Address
Send your Form 990-PF to the following mailing address:Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service Center
Ogden, UT 84201-0027
In case the foundation’s principal office is located in a foreign country or U.S. possession, mail your Form 990-PF to the following address:Internal Revenue Service Center
P.O. Box 409101
Ogden, UT 84409
If you prefer to use Private delivery services (PDSs), you can’t mail the Form 990-PF to the above address. PDSs won’t deliver mails to P.O boxes. Visit IRS.gov/PDS for the list of PDSs designated services.
2. Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements for Private Foundations reporting Form 990-PF
Usually private foundations can file their Form 990-PF by mail, private delivery service, or electronically.
But for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019, all the foundations are required to file their Form 990-PF electronically.
For example: If you are filing a 2019 Form 990-PF for a tax year beginning on or after July 2nd, 2019, you are required to file electronically.
3. Meeting Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements of Form 990-PF
Get started with ExpressTaxExempt, the market leader, and the IRS authorized e-file provider of 990 Forms, providing e-file solutions for nonprofits, tax-exempt, and private foundations.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports all variants of Form 990s and includes almost all the schedules that you may require.
- Our step by step interview-style filing process makes it easy to file.
- Run validation checks against the information you enter and ways to have them corrected.
- Provide the ability to send the return to board members or authorities for review.
- Once everything is fine, you can transmit your return directly with the IRS.
For any questions during the filing process, our support team is available to assist you further.
4. Furnishing a Copy of Form 990-PF with the State Officials
Form 990-PF, the return of private foundation must also be furnished to the attorney general of the state listed in the Part VII-A, line 8a: which means
- The state where the principal office of a private foundation is located and
- The state where the foundation is actually incorporated or created
5. When is the Form 990-PF due to file with the State Officials?
There is no specific deadline to file with the state. A copy of Form 990-PF must be sent to the state at the same time when it is filed with the federal (IRS).
I.e 15th day of 5th month after the end of the foundation’s accounting period.