Where to mail Form 990-PF?- Updated April 5, 2022 - 8.00 AM - Admin, ExpressTaxExempt
Form 990-PF is due by the 15th day of the 5th month after the end of the foundation’s accounting period.
- May 15th - for foundation’s operating on calendar tax year
- Operating in the fiscal tax year? Find your Form 990-PF due date now
If the due date falls on Saturday, Sunday or any federal holiday, then the Form 990-PF has to be filed by the next business day.
Table of Contents
1. IRS Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements for Private Foundations reporting Form 990-PF
Usually, Private Foundations use to file their Form 990-PF by mail, private delivery service, or electronically.
Under the “Taxpayer First Act of 2019,” the IRS mandates all the private foundations to file their Form 990-PF electronically for the tax year beginning on or after July 2, 2019.
For example: If you are filing a 2019 Form 990-PF for a tax year beginning on or after July 2nd, 2019, you are required to file Form 990-PF electronically.
2. Meeting IRS Mandate Electronic Filing Requirements of Form 990-PF
Get started with ExpressTaxExempt, the market leader, and the IRS authorized e-file provider of 990 Forms, providing e-file solutions for nonprofits, tax-exempt, and private foundations.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports all the variants of 990 Forms and includes almost all the schedules that the organization may require.
- To make sure that you are transmitting the error-free return, our system runs validation checks against the information that you enter and if there is any error, provides you with a way to correct it.
- You have the ability to add more users to manage filing and can invite board members or to review and approve your return.
- Once everything is fine, you can transmit your return directly to the IRS.
- During preparation, if you need any assistance you may access our knowledge base or reach out to our customer support team to get the help you need.
For any questions during the filing process, our support team is available to assist you further.
3. Form 990-PF Mailing Address
Send your Form 990-PF to the following mailing address:Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service Center
Ogden, UT 84201-0027
In case the foundation’s principal office is located in a foreign country or U.S. possession, mail your Form 990-PF to the following address:Internal Revenue Service Center
P.O. Box 409101
Ogden, UT 84409
If you prefer to use Private delivery services (PDSs), you can’t mail the Form 990-PF to the above address. PDSs won’t deliver mails to P.O boxes. Visit IRS.gov/PDS for the list of PDSs designated services.
4. Furnishing a Copy of Form 990-PF with the State Officials
Form 990-PF, the return of private foundation must also be furnished to the attorney general of the state listed in the Part VII-A, line 8a: which means
- The state where the principal office of a private foundation is located and
- The state where the foundation is actually incorporated or created
5. When is the Form 990-PF due to file with the State Officials?
There is no specific deadline to file Form 990-PF with the state. A copy of Form 990-PF must be sent to the state at the same time when it is filed with the federal (IRS).
I.e 15th day of 5th month after the end of the foundation’s accounting period.