Form 1120-POL Amended Return

Back To Form 1120-POL

Amending an organization's return for any year can be done by filing a new return and including the required schedules. To indicate that a form is amended, check the "Amended Return" box on the left side of the form at the top page 1 of the return followed by entering Schedule D, Capital Gain and Losses.

To indicate the return as the organization's final return, check the "Final Return" box located above the "Amended Return" box on the left side of the form at the top of page 1. If an organization needs a complete copy of its previously filed return, a Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, can be filed through the IRS. Refer to IRS.gov for information regarding blank tax forms.

With ExpressTaxExempt, an organization can amend its Form 1120-POL from the Dashboard of the organization's ExpressTaxExempt account:

  • Click the AMENDED RETURN button
  • Enter an explanation why you're amending the return
  • Click the CONTINUE link to make your changes

Exclusive Features

  • E-filing available for Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, 990-PF, & 1120-POL
  • Schedules are auto generated & FREE
  • Manage Reviewers & Approvers
  • Supports Amended Return
  • Supports 990 Extension

Need Further Help? Contact Us

Our live support specialists in Rock Hill, SC are always ready to offer professional service and assistance.


Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers related to e-filing IRS Form 990-N (e-Postcard), 990-EZ, 990, 990-PF, Form 1120-POL and Extension Form 8868 with our Frequently Asked Questions.

Learn More


Stay updated with the latest news, features, and industry trends around ExpressTaxExempt.

Read Now